Shilpa Sayana, MD
I became interested in a holistic approach to medicine that attempts to figure out the root cause of illness after I was diagnosed with a tumor that thankfully turned out to be harmless.
Being trained in a western medicine framework I underwent additional training on “root cause medicine” and alternative ways of preventing disease and illness. I love spending time with patients and figuring out what is the true root cause that may have triggered their symptoms.
Hormone balancing, inflammation modulation, weight loss
Spending time with husband and 2 children, yoga, meditation, hiking, and reading self-help books
Certified in Internal Medicine, Functional Medicine and Obesity Medicine under Certifications
- Residency: Internal Medicine, UCLA-SFVP
- Medical School: Vermont School of Medicine
- Masters Public Health: Yale University
- Board Certifications: American Board of Internal Medicine, American Board of Obesity Medicine, American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine
- Most Humanistic Intern, UCLA-SFVP, 2004- 2005
- Most Humanistic Resident, UCLA- SFVP, 2005-2006
- Most Humanistic Resident, UCLA- SFVP, 2006-2007