Shilpa Sayana, MD
I became interested in a holistic approach to medicine that attempts to figure out the root cause of illness after I was diagnosed with a tumor that thankfully turned out to be harmless.
Being trained in a western medicine framework I underwent additional training on “root cause medicine” and alternative ways of preventing disease and illness. I love spending time with patients and figuring out what is the true root cause that may have triggered their symptoms.
Certified as a Functional Medicine Provider
- Residency: Internal Medicine, UCLA-SFVP
- Medical School: Vermont School of Medicine
- Masters Public Health: Yale University
- Board Certifications: American Board of Internal Medicine, American Board of Obesity Medicine, American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine
- Most Humanistic Intern, UCLA-SFVP, 2004- 2005
- Most Humanistic Resident, UCLA- SFVP, 2005-2006
- Most Humanistic Resident, UCLA- SFVP, 2006-2007